Ello ello...

August 4, 2009 by Nikky , under

Hi. This is me (with bad hair):



My name is Nikky, I'm a 21 year old part time college student (working full time) in a bitty city in SE Michigan. I live with my boyfriend, John (who looks creepy or strange in all photos, beware!):



We've been together for 5 years (we're high school sweethearts, awww!!). We have one cat, Draco:



Who I think would be Italian and have a pinky ring if he were human. And we have a dog, Smudge:



Who I'm pretty sure would be a NASCAR driver.

Starting tomorrow, because I'm too lazy to dig out my camera today, this will be both a food blog and exercise "diary" as I begin (sort of, I did start jogging and eating healthy about two weeks ago) my journey to a healthier life.

I'll let you know before hand: I am not a vegetarian or a vegan. I went vegetarian for two months and I'm not ready for it. Maybe someday, I'm super picky with meat as it is. I'm also not going to claim to be a "super eater". I'm broke. B-R-O-K-E. John and I live on around $70 a week for groceries, so my food is going to get boring sometimes. I don't always buy organic, soy uber foods. I was one of 5 kids raised by a single mom on $8.00 an hour. I ate crap growing up, and I freaking love it. So yea, every now and then I'm gonna pig out on Kraft mac and cheese, hot dogs, and Burger King.

The key is moderation and movement, I'm trying to get into the habit of both. So, bear with me, join me if you want (I really, honestly do want to hear from you!!), and maybe we won't be perfect, but we can be proud of what we are!

0 Responses to 'Ello ello...'