My 85

August 5, 2009 by Nikky , under

I know I said I'd get my pictures going today, but I forgot both my phone and my camera, and all but one meal was eaten at work so... yea. Tomorrow. For sure. In the mean time, here's my "85 reasons to lose 85 lbs". Yea, most of them are for vanity, but whatever. I'm a college girl, I'm allowed to be vain.

85 Reasons to lose 85:

  • To look cute in a bikini!
  • To run 3 miles.
  • So my heels won’t be sore anymore.
  • Play with Smudge or the kids and not get winded.
  • To be able to shop without my feet hurting.
  • To not have to worry about what people think when I’m grocery shopping.
  • To be able to buy a candy bar or ice cream without pretending it’s for someone else.
  • To dress like I secretly would like to.
  • So I don’t have to hate other, skinny girls.
  • So I’ll never look at someone and think, “I’d kill to have HER body instead.”
  • So I’ll never have to wonder if people in public are laughing because they noticed me.
  • To look good in pictures.
  • To get cute pics done for John.
  • To feel better naked.
  • To wear shorts.
  • So I can buy the cute bras and panties.
  • To feel better about myself.
  • To have more energy.
  • To feel comfortable in a crowd
  • To get a compliment
  • To be thought of as “cute”.
  • Go out dancing and not feel like I’m being laughed at.
  • To sing karaoke and not worry about how people see me.
  • Never have to calculate a weight limit in my head EVER again.
  • Go to a public pool.
  • Lay out on the beach and be comfortable.
  • Be more agile.
  • Never wear a “large” again!
  • Go clothes shopping with my friends.
  • No more ‘bigger size, please!’
  • Be beautiful in my wedding dress.
  • Not have to worry about looking silly in my clothes.
  • Be able to take a walk without worrying about what people are thinking.
  • To wear a skirt.
  • Play DDR with the girls for more than 3 songs.
  • To wear a tight dress and look good.
  • Never be called a “big girl” again. Ever.
  • To have a healthy baby.
  • To treat my PCOS.
  • Wear a tank top and feel okay
  • To stand next to Laci without wanting to cry.
  • So I can say out loud what I weigh, without lying.
  • To be a “success story”.
  • So I don’t have to make myself believe stupid excuses.
  • So I can ENJOY my 20s!
  • So I don’t have to care what people think of me.
  • So I’ll stop being such a doormat, because I’ll be “worth” sticking up for.
  • So I don’t have to “suck it in” any more.
  • To maybe run a marathon.
  • So I don’t have to worry about my brutally honest grandma saying anything.
  • To get hit on.
  • To shave the back of my legs without looking like a contortionist.
  • To have sex standing up.
  • To get whistled at… and not as a joke.
  • To turn heads at my high school reunions.
  • To get a cute tattoo
  • To get a belly ring if I decide I want one.
  • Be able to squeeze by people without knocking shit over.
  • To take up a sport.
  • To eat what I want at a restaurant and not feel bad about it.
  • To eat in front of other people without keeping a tally of exactly what I’ve had in case anyone else is paying attention.
  • To shop in any store.
  • No more muffin top.
  • So I can exercise to be an athlete, NOT just to lose weight.
  • So I’ll never feel disgusted with myself again.
  • So I can spend a night being lazy without feeling like a cow for it.
  • So I never have to make a list like this again!
  • So I can live to see my great-grandchildren
  • To protect my heart.
  • To avoid diabetes.
  • To look cute in an oversize t-shirt, not like I’m wearing a tent.
  • So jeans will last longer.
  • To wear normal jeans, instead of being careful to get regular, not low-rise.
  • So when someone offers to loan me something to wear, I don’t want to throw up while I have to tell them it would never fit.
  • To see what I would look like!
  • So I can buy Lean Cuisine without feeling like I’ll be laughed at.
  • So I don’t have to worry about my thighs rubbing.
  • To not feel guilty for finishing a meal.
  • No more jiggle, anywhere.
  • To see what my face looks like, thin. I think I’d be pretty.
  • So John can be really, really proud to have someone as beautiful as me.
  • To be my goofy self without worrying about being that “weird fat chick”.
  • To not feel like I’m standing out when people at work talk about being “chubby”.
  • To flaunt in front of John and not want to cover up.
  • So that “outside me” matches the healthy, happy, fun, energetic “inside me”!!


I never intended to share that with anyone, but hell, why not?

What are your top reasons for getting healthy?

2 Responses to 'My 85'

August 6, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Comment by Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point.

i love your reasons! so humorous but honest.

my fav was "to have sex standing up" LOL

August 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Comment by Nikky.

Ah! I forgot that was on there, haha. I probably would have replaced it, so it's probably best I didn't re-read it before posting. It's more... honest that way. Embarrassing, but honest.