Grocery List

August 7, 2009 by Nikky , under ,

My "menu" for the week.

Saturday

  • Chicken with polenta fries* and artichoke hearts


Sunday

  • Bridal Shower


Monday

  • Veggie burgers & salad


Tuesday

  • Spicy baked chicken, mashed cauliflower, & whatever yummy grain I find


Wednesday

  • Nachos (John’s request) with turkey meat.


Thursday

  • Polenta, turkey meat, & pasta sauce concoction lasagna.


Friday

  • Sierra’s birthday!


Lunches will likely be boring... sammies, leftovers, maybe a soup if I remember to grab one, and a salad because I'm sure I'll have some left over on Monday. For breakfast, I plan on picking up either some peanut or almond butter, and some cereal.

*I've never made polenta fries, so I'm pretty excited to try them out.

I have a co-workers bridal shower on Sunday, so I'll be eating there. And Friday my darling little sister Sierra will be turning 13. I can't believe it. After my step-dad Bill (my younger sibling's father) left, my mom worked so I took care of my younger siblings and the house after school every day, so it's my little girl that's gonna be 13! She's not the youngest (Bill's kids with my mom are: Laci - 16, Sierra - 12 [13!], Noah - 11, and Shyann - 10), but we've always been close. She's "cognitively impaired", but she's got the memory of an elephant. We had a conversation when she was maybe 4 about the Titanic, and she remembers every word of it. Gosh.

Anyway, so looking back, I already have:

  • Bread
  • Frozen Chicken
  • Turkey lunch meat
  • Broccoli
  • artichoke hearts
So I need to get:

  • Peanut or almond butter
  • cereal
  • milk
  • polenta
  • veggie burgers
  • salad
  • cauliflower
  • yummy grains
  • tortilla chips
  • ground turkey
  • nacho fixings
  • pasta sauce
  • cheese
  • fruits for snacking
  • yogurt for snacking
Plus whatever John needs for his meals if he decides he doesn't like mine. He gets sick of chicken, but I'm so picky with my red meats that it's really just easier to stick with poultry 95% of the time. I dissect everything as it is, cut it up into tiny bits and remove all traces of fat, veins or things that look like veins, blah blah. I really should go vegetarian, but some things are just too yummy to give up right yet.

Anyway, that's all thus far today! On my way outside for some jump rope, then a quick strength routine with my resistance bands.

0 Responses to 'Grocery List'